Tuesday, August 07, 2012

There is Always Time for Football!

Day 4

Today we began the day a little differently, as Gagan and I went to the fitness gym before breakfast.  The NCBS gym has 4 treadmills, an elliptical trainer, a rowing machine, and a cycle.  There is also ample space for free and universal weights.  Downstairs is a sports centre with a proper squash court, badminton, darts, fussball, and table tennis.  Amazing how many new things are available now!

Later, Gagan had some meetings with some of the lab, and I took the kids to the lounge to play some Connect 4 and watch a bit of a movie.  We also went on a tour of the new creche, and it has now expanded to 3 buildings. I met with Yelamma and Parvithi, the same ladies that used to work at the creche when were were here.  I also came to learn the Basamma died suddenly about one year after we left.  We also talked about Manju and they told me her daughter, Girija, is finished school and will be getting married soon.  They said they would try to get her number for me.  Aisha and Ishaar met us around 4pm, and we all went for some snacks at original spot I used to go to to meet Gagan for tea when I was pregnant, or with newborn M in the sling.  Not long after, we were invited to attend the Marie Curie Exhibition opening, so Aisha and I went while the kids played soccer (football!) outside of the creche with a bunch of kids.  They had a great game, and none of the other kids wanted to leave when their parents arrived to take them home.  Our kids were so sweaty and hot that Gagan went home quickly to get swimsuits to let them cool off in the pool.  By then, we were into another downpour of rain, so I passed on the swim and watched from a drier viewpoint.

We had our dinner at the canteen, and everyone was tired from a full day.  S fell asleep in my arms right after dinner, and went straight in to bed when we walked home.

No comments:

Post a Comment